AN OFFICER of the 10th Infantry Division believes that more members of the New People’s Army (NPA) will surrender following the death of a high-ranking leader in an encounter with the 67th Infantry Battalion in Rosario, Agusan Del Sur on Saturday, Nov. 18.
Alias Jerby was earlier reported as a member of Regional Sentro De Grabidad, North Eastern Mindanao Regional Committee (RSDG, NEMRC). However, he turned out to be the political leader of the unit.
“So far, dako ang pagtuo sa atoang leadership sa 10ID that other rebel members will surrender after this encounter because at the encounter site, we have seen bloodstains so we believed that there were wounded,” Major Mark Anthony Tito, the 10th Infantry Division Public Affairs Office chief, said at the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel on Wednesday, Nov. 22.
“We are calling on the group the troops recently encountered to surrender and we assure them that nothing will happen to them and they can benefit from the services of the government, especially the Enhanced Comprehensive Local Integration Program,” he added.
“Kato na encounter sa Agusan del Sur dako nga grupo operating in Caraga Region trying to reinfiltrate and trying to reorganize a mass base in our area. But so far, because of the support of the local populace, we were able to neutralize the said threat (A large group operating in Caraga Region is trying to reinfiltrate and reorganize a mass base in our area but so far, because of the support of the local populace, we were able to neutralize the said threat),” he further said.
Moreover, troops seized one M4 Carbine, a mobile phone, and a backpack with personal belongings from Jerby’s possession.
- Region’s top cop vows probe on UCCP Haran
- Timesman | She pampers me with love!
- PUBLISHER’S NOTES| When Someone Close Dies
- Editorial: The Cotabato Question
- Quakes damage 137 health facilities
- Monolithic domes needed in typhoon-prone areas: Piñol
- Phoenix fuels offered at 80% off on Limitless
- Sen. Go, Rep. Nieto to open National Sports Summit 2021
- Rough Cuts | A museum out of the Bajada Power Plant?
- PUJs allowed to enter UP campus for DAVRAA meet