A SECURITY guard was killed after he was shot by his colleague while on duty at their post in Toscana Subdivision, Barangay Bago Gallera, around 2 a.m. on Nov. 7.
Police identified the victim as Jimboy Canumay, 21, a resident of Bago Gallera, while the suspect was alias Raman, 30, a resident of Puan.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office, said the Baliok Police Station investigators are looking at jealousy as the motive because the victim was found to be chatting with the suspect’s partner.
The head guard, Ebrahim Usman, 36, also revealed that he was sleeping inside the guard house when he heard the gunshots. When he checked, he found the blood-soaked body of Canumay on the ground with Raman nowhere to be found.
The suspect also allegedly stole the victim’s Sniper motorcycle and two 9mm Norinco pistols belonging to Hackett Security Agency. The police launched a manhunt operation against him.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?