REELECTED Catalunan Grande Barangay Captain January Duterte returned to the City Council as the sectoral representative of the Association of Barangay Councils (ABC).
The 20th City Council welcomed Duterte during the suspended rules on its first regular session for the year, Jan. 9.
She was elected after running unopposed during the General Membership and Election meeting on Monday, Dec. 11, at the Royal Mandaya Hotel, at which she immediately took her oath before city mayor Sebastian Duterte.
Duterte served as the ABC president for four years from 2014-2018 and was the sectoral representative to the City Council.
Duterte will chair the committee on barangay affairs and will co-chair the committee on government enterprises and privatization which is chaired by Councilor Edgar Ibuyan Jr.
She thanked the barangay captains who convinced her to run for the position and vowed to perform at her best.
“The trust that you have bestowed upon me, will not be put to waste and I will use this as my main motivation in my commitment to serve with perseverance, transparency, and accountability,” she said.
Duterte then called all Davaoeños to treat barangay officials with respect and be effective partners in achieving their goals in their respective barangays.
” It may sound easy, but our work as barangay captains is not an easy task especially if you are not cooperating,” Duterte added.
The new ABC chief’s initial personal mandate is to prioritize education specifically the school needs and minimize the financial burden of the disadvantaged students.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out