COUNCILOR Luna Dominique Acosta warned those who ignore the preemptive evacuation order about facing severe penalties if they are found to have deliberately done so.
Acosta emphasized this following the reports from the City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office (CDRRMO) and Davao City Police Office regarding seven individuals apprehended due to violation of the ordinance.
“Kani tong mga gahi najud kaayo nga di jud molakaw maskin red zone najud kaayo taas na ang tubig sa ilang areas,” Acosta said during the Aprubado sa Konseho media forum on Feb. 6.
The concerned individuals were forcibly evacuated and brought to the police station for filing of appropriate charges. The councilor, however, did not disclose the names of the offenders.
“This can serve as an example to other Davaoeños that out of thousands of people na unfortunately affected sa baha, mao ning seven ang gahi og ulo. Pero kani sila kung wala na rescue, basin naa tay seven na deaths,” Acosta said.
Acosta authored Ordinance No. 0246-33 or the “ordinance establishing integrated preemptive and emergency evacuation systems in case of emergencies caused by natural or man-made hazards or disasters providing penalties thereof. ”
Anyone who disobeys any provision of the ordinance shall be fined from P1,000 to P5,000.
Under the ordinance, the barangay authorities, public safety and security office personnel, and rescuers are authorized to enforce forced evacuation if individuals do not comply with preemptive evacuation. Acosta said individuals can “bodily be taken” from the area.
“Pag forced evacuation na ang pinag uusapan, every second counts. So, every gahig ulo na mag take og 10 minutes na pahawaon sa isa ka lugar, that’s minutes taken away from other people who should be prioritized,” she stressed.
Alfredo Baloran, City Disaster Risk Reduction Management Office chief, reported that there were no casualties from the recent flooding and landslide due to continuous rains brought by the trough of the low-pressure area.
- Toril inferno | Fire razes 50 houses in Crossing Bayabas
- Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga start vaccinating senior citizens
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Scene City | Hannah Marie Denila’s debut
- “You Have the Power” Roadshow slated this Friday at SM Lanang
- DCWD not affected by drought
- City surpasses last year’s business renewal numbers
- Man with P600,000 in shabu nabbed
- ‘She was my friend’: Army commander denies involvement in model’s murder
- TESTAMENT TO GRIT | Former athletes marvel at Hidilyn Diaz’s sacrifices to grab Olympic gold