A MOTORCYCLE driver was killed while his backrider after smashing into a bus in Barangay Sirawan, Toril District around 6:15 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 15.
Police identified them as driver Juan Lopez Ochada Jr., a resident of P-1, Libasan, Nabunturan, Davao de Oro, and Randy Mercado, a resident of Marilog.
The driver of the Mindanao Star Bus was identified as Bonifacio Sabanal Jr., a resident of Sugao, Kidapawan City.
According to the report, Ochada was driving the motorcycle coming from Digos while the bus driver was in the opposite direction.
However, the motorcycle tried overtaking another vehicle resulting in a head-on collision. Concerned citizens called Central 911 and Toril Police Station for assistance.
The Central 911 medical team arrived and conducted first aid on the individuals, but Ochada died around 6:30 p.m. Mercado was brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center for immediate medication.
For now, the bus driver is already in the custody of Toril Police Station as he faces a case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide, serious physical injury, and damage to property.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher