The top 15 candidates for the first-ever Ginoong Davao pageant were officially introduced yesterday to the public during the Kapehan sa Davao at SM Annex.Event organizer Gatchi Gatchalian said the essence of the pageant is about “great looks with great purpose.”
“Beyond competition, it’s more on the advocacy that they can use and put it into action our great looks with great purpose mantra,” Gatchalian said.
During the Kapehan, the Top 15 candidates were given the chance to introduce themselves and state their purposes in joining.
“Currently, they are undergoing training since the screening day and for the next days. We’ve been training them, preparing them for the Grand Finals,” Gatchalian, the head of Davao Tourism Association (DATA), said.
He said the candidates need to be exposed to the public to develop their public speaking and their confidence in facing the crowd.
“They will be representing Davao City. They should be able to truly represent the city so they need to be prepared,” Gatchalian said.
The winning Ginoong Davao 2019 will serve as a “model that Davaoeños can look up to.”
The manhunt for the city’s great looking men is in line with the celebration of 82nd Araw ng Dabaw.
Eighty-one aspirants submitted entries and 15 made it to the finals.
The Coronation Night will be held at Almendras Gym on Sunday. (with reports from Lolit M. Sagandoy and Janine Alyssa Kaye A. Hasan/ UM Interns)
- HONORING MY MOTHER: Homesick and sick of home
- Random Thoughts | Plan “B” for Federalism
- BOOSTER DOSES | Frontliners a priority as city launches third vaccine shots to boost immunity
- LTFRB eyes new jeepney routes to city’s hinterlands
- Honoring my Mother | Street Feet
- 154 illegal trikes registered
- Hagonoy poor family adopted by PNP
- Kadayawan ‘20 execom formed
- Rough Cuts: Can we suffer indignities?
- ROUGH CUTS | Is this silence the ‘calm before the storm’?