Panabo City Mayor Engr. James G. Gamao will be highlighting infrastructure development in his upcoming state of the city address (SOCA) during the kick-off of the 18th Araw ng Panabo this March 22.
Michael Angelo Resueno, Panabo information officer, said on Monday that there are a lot of ongoing road constructions and repairs in 40 barangays of the city.
“He will also highlight school buildings, especially manpower development buildings in barangays and health centers because we have 29 rural barangays in the upland so instead of coming down in the city, it would be better for them to avail services in their area,” Resueno said.
Building of establishments in rural barangays is said to be one of the major priorities of Gamao under his term for easier access to healthcare and other social services among people in far-flung areas.
Gamao has been championing the Welfare Health, Agriculture, Peace and Order, education and Employment or WHAPEE caravan, initiated in 2015, which involves going to the different barangays every week to extend basic services.
This coming celebration of Araw ng Panabo, the city will be conducting another WHAPEE caravan on March 27 at ARF gym.
Tourism officer Cher Bastida is expecting 10,000 visitors for the week-long celebration of Araw ng Panabo. They will also bring in celebrities, bands, as well as a PBA game between San Miguel Beermen and Phoenix Fuelmasters.
- Plain and Simple | Faces behind Landbank
- TIMESMAN | Mobile vaccination
- GoRemote Web App Launched for Filipino Job Seekers
- ROUGH CUTS | Can they be Duterte’s legacy for Mindanaoans?
- Sara shuns extravagance on Sunday’s oath-taking
- NPA high-ranking leader arrested in Lanao Norte
- Firm promises better system for MSMEs, clients
- Expect gridlock as 2-way traffic for Bolton Bridge II starts today
- Ramirez on SEA Games: PSC working very hard
- Honoring my Mother | If a tree falls