- DCPO sends most of its total personnel to secure elections
NEARLY 3,000 security forces were deployed on Tuesday for the long holidays, including the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections on Oct. 30 through the yearly pilgrimage to the cemeteries for the Undas.
The deployed personnel consisted of 1,876 from the Davao City Police Office; 101 augmentation forces from the Police Regional Office XI; 959 from the Armed Forces of the Philippines; and 46 from the Philippine Coast Guard for a total of 2,982.
Also, 372 DCPO personnel and other law enforcement agencies will be deployed for Undas.
During the send-off ceremony, Mayor Sebastian Duterte reminded the security forces to always remain apolitical and avoid participating in any partisan activity during the elections.
The mayor also made it clear to the security contingent to fulfill their duties and ensure that voters leave their homes, make their way to the polling precincts, and return home safely without being harassed by candidates.
He also promised that the local government would support the security forces to ensure orderly and clean local elections and the peaceful commemoration of All Saint’s Day and All Souls Day on Nov 1-2.
On Monday, the PRO XI also led the send-off ceremony for the multi-agency security forces for the elections. The deployed personnel consisted of 7,288 police officers; 3,195 from the 10th Infantry Division; and 139 from the Philippine Coast Guard or a total of 10,622.
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals