- PDL smuggles shabu into jail inside own rectum
THE DAVAO City Jail intensified its security measures in the facility after arresting a person deprived of liberty (PDL) who used underhanded means in sneaking in P200,000 worth of shabu inside the facility last Jan. 8.
Speaking in yesterday’s AFP-PNP press briefing at The Royal Mandaya Hotel, Supt. Eric Lazaro, the newly designated jail warden, said security personnel found the 31.9 grams of illegal drugs from a male PDL undergoing trial.
The contraband had a street value of P216,000.
Lazaro said they already received an intelligence report about drugs being smuggled inside the facility in Ma-a. Accordingly, the inmate was trying to sell the drugs at double or triple the price.
He added that they already filed a case against the suspect for violation of Republic Act 9165 (Comprehensive Dangerous Drugs Act of 2002).
“Nakita na nilagay sa kanyang butt yung illegal drugs so they are resorting to extraordinary measures para lang makapasok ng illegal sa ating jail (They found out that he stuffed the illegal drugs in his anus),” he said.
On Nov. 4, 2023, an individual was also caught trying to sneak drugs by throwing the illegal item over the high fence. He said PDLs and their visitors are always trying to get creative in going around the tight security they enforced inside the compound.
“That is why our personnel is now intensifying their security measures upon entering the jail,” the jail warden said.
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- 2 more GCTA program beneficiaries surrender
- Local coaches mourn on Milo Best Center Sports founder’s death
- Wanderlust | Expo aims to lure more Filipino tourists
- Same restrictions in place as GCQ extended in Davao City
- …as key project needed to reduce air pollution
- Scene City: JIB International Schools awarded 4-Star International Center for Excellence
- NHA: 50 housing units for ex-rebs to be turned over in mid-Feb
- Bringing back the joys of Easter Sunday
- Scene City | Roselie Ng’s 60th birthday