The Eastern Mindanao Command (EMC) and the Presidential Management Staff facilitated an all-expense-paid tour of 89 former rebels to Hong Kong from July 30-Aug. 2.
It can be recalled that the foreign trip was promised by President Rodrigo Duterte during the assembly on Dec. 21, 2017 at the Naval Station Felix Apolinario, Panacan in Davao City, during their visit in Malacañang sometime February 2018.
The former rebels were composed of 84 women and four men.
Lt. Col. Ezra Balagtey, the EastMinCom spokesperson, said before the trip, the former rebels underwent an orientation on July 29 at Fort Bonifacio in Taguig City.
The purpose of the tour, which includes a visit to some historical places in Hong Kong and its market place, is to allow them to experience the life in a modern urban setting and provide them a better and another perspective in life.
“The tour contributes in the continuing therapy and integration process for these beneficiaries as they slowly adapt to the normal life,” Lt. Gen. Felimon T. Santos Jr., EastMinCom commander, said.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts