ELEVEN houses and a commercial building were gutted by fire in Km. 14, Barangay Panacan, around 2 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 22.
The Davao City Police Office report revealed that the fire started at the house of Mario Simborio along San Miguel Street, and quickly scattered to nearby houses that were also made of light materials.
The fire reached the second alarm, which meant it needed more than one firetruck and several firefighters.
The Bureau of Fire (BFP-XI) Panacan Fire Station, Sasa Fire Station, Bunawan Fire Station, Central 911 Fire Auxiliary Services, Davao Raven Fire Volunteers, Naval Fire and Barangay Panacan Fire Volunteers responded to the scene.
The fire was extinguished at 3:10 p.m.
While no one was reported hurt in the incident, the number of families affected reached 14.
Investigation showed there were eight houses totally damaged while one commercial building with four bedrooms and three houses incurred partial damage.
Authorities placed the total property damage cost at P375,000.
- Honoring my mother: I stray we stray
- Kraft: No letup in enforcement
- HONORING MY MOTHER | JUST BEFORE THE DAWN
- COVID-19 UPDATE
- Scene City | Santos – Camiling Clan comes together in grand reunion
- Scene City | Mossa Cafe + Bakery Opens its Doors to Dabawenyo Foodies
- PSSCC assures sufficient care for lockdown areas
- ROUGH CUTS | Substitution and alliances for convenience
- Globe named PH’s strongest brand by Brand Finance
- RHWC: Figures on HIV-affected residents ‘inaccurate’