FIRE razed three houses in the different areas in the city on Sunday and Monday.
The latest occurred at Purok 7, Bankas Heights in Toril on Monday, Jan. 22 around 10:20 a.m.
Based on the record of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), the house was owned by Jhanalyn Anabeza.
Accordingly, the neighbor saw the flames shooting out of the window and immediately called 911. Firefighters responded to the scene and controlled the fire around 11:55 a.m.
Initial investigation by BFP personnel FO3 Marian O. Bio pointed to an electrical short-circuit as the cause of the fire. She also placed the damage at P19,200.
At 6:28 p.m. on Sunday, the house of Marites Beduya in Purok 2, Barangay 2-A caught fire. Investigation showed that it emanated from the room of his 16-year-old son who was diagnosed with autism.
Bureau of Fire and Protection XI investigator FO3 Jinno Mujal said the cause was an open flame and firefighters declared a fire-out at 6:44 p.m. on the same date. The estimated damage was placed at P7,000.
Earlier on the same day, an unattended solar battery overcharged and exploded in Phase 8-C, Block 46, Lot 14, Deca Homes l in Tugbok.
SFO2 Manuel Ronquillo, the fire investigator from Mintal BFP, said the fire started around 1 p.m. and was declared out two hours later with no reported casualty.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out