A THREE-ROOM building of Sirawan National High School was gutted by fire at Purok 11, Barangay Sirawan, Toril District around 9 p.m. on Sunday, Nov. 5.
In an interview on Monday, Senior Fire Officer 4 Ramil Gillado, the Davao City Fire District Station spokesperson, estimated the damage to reach P300,000.
Gillado said they received a call and immediately deployed Toril Fire Station firefighters and volunteers to the scene. A fire-out was declared by 9:52 p.m.
Investigation revealed an electrical short circuit was the possible cause of the fire.
“Electrical atong gitan aw na posibleng hinungdan kay naa daw sila na observe na pag fluctuate sa ilang kuryente previously, then niagi na pod ug spark ilang planka sa kuryente, daan na ang building mga 1990s natukod apil ang ilang mga linya sa kuryente, basin ning ground gabii basin nabasa sa ulan gabii (We are looking at electrical-related causes because witnesses observed their electricity fluctuating previously. They also noticed a spark on the electrical box. The building and the electrical system were built in the 90s, so maybe it grounded last night due to the rain),” Gillado said.
Fortunately, nobody was reported injured in the incident.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration