A FATHER was killed and his daughter injured after they were shot by an unknown assailant around 4:40 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 23, in Sitio Lumondao, Barangay Marilog, Marilog District.
Police identified the victims as Gil Perales Paican, 32, and alias Ai-Ai, 14, residents of the area.
A witness, alias Marlon, 40, told police the victims were sitting in front of their house on the side of the National Highway at the time of the incident. He heard three gunshots and the next thing he realized, both father and daughter were already bleeding.
The unidentified gunman immediately sped off on what the witness believed was a black SUV parked across the street from the victim’s house.
Police said the assailant used an M16 rifle based on the evidence found on the scene.
The daughter is still being treated at the Isaac Robillo Hospital in Calinan. Fortunately, she only sustained a gunshot wound on the leg.
Maj Nelson Violan Jr., Marilog Police Station commander, said they are looking at the victim’s background as a drug suspect and a rebel returnee as possible motive. They also do not discount his present job as a security escort, which might have triggered the attack.
- Scene City: Singapore Tourism Board wins gold
- Davao Light wins ASEAN Award for fostering economic stability for the differently-abled
- Cultural Potpourri | Savoring Munchtown with Carlo Calma Lorenzana
- RP rower Nievarez reaches quarterfinals
- Outgoing Indonesian consul nominated adopted son of city
- Publisher’s Notes | It’s D-Day!
- FROM THE MAIL | EcoWaste flags online sale of banned Mercury-containing medical devices
- 150 join ‘rally’ vs. communists
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Asa nagkulang, kinsa angayan basulon?
- VRU: Smokers keep violating due to low fines