An escape from the Davao Penal Colony was killed by the authorities in a buy-bust operation in Jade Valley Homes, Barangay Tigatto, Buhangin District yesterday.
Antonio Rivera, the chief of the Philippine Drug Enforcement Agency (PDEA) XI, identified the fatality as Rogelio Capistrano III of Block 6, Phase 2, Jade Valley Homes.
Rivera said Capistrano was considered as a high-value target.
Aside from illegal drugs, Capistrano was also monitored to be involved in gun-for-hire operation.
“He was used as a hitman,” he said.
Led by the PDEA XI-Davao city team, the operation was supported by PDEA-Davao Occidental office the Seaport Interdiction Unit (SIU), and National Bureau of Investigation.
During the buy-bust at 1:10 p.m. yesterday, Capistrano allegedly drew a pistol and fired one of the operatives when he was about to be arrested after selling a sachet of shabu to an undercover officer.
The suspect sustained three gunshot wounds in his body that resulted to his death.
Agents allegedly recovered one gram of shabu, a .38 caliber pistol, assorted Identification cards and a motorcycle from the fallen suspect.
He said that Capistrano was convicted in a murder case and escaped from the Davao Penal Colony in 2016.
- BP2 Family Congress 2023 set
- Councilor requests colleagues to rally behind Lumad schools
- Penalosa predicts Pacquiao will score a KO against Spence
- ROUGH CUTS | These can be issues-in-waiting
- Editorial: Who cares for our old?
- Mindanao Delivers: Logistics leaders look to Davao for next supply chain hub
- Man nabbed for bomb joke
- DCWD offices closed on April 14 and 15, 2022
- 5 things to try this Kadayawan holiday
- TFD | 2 threats prompt stricter measures for Yuletide season