THE EASTERN Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) stands united with Armed Forces of the Philippines (AFP) Chief of Staff Romeo S. Brawner Jr. in preventing any destabilization plot against the current administration.
“We have not monitored any persuasion moves within our ranks or any unauthorized movement in our joint operational area (JOA),” the EastMinCom said in a statement.
LtGen. Greg T. Almerol, EastMinCom commander, consistently reminds all troops, “To remain professional and dedicated to their constitutional mandates and stern duty of protecting the people and the state.”
“Our significant administrative and operational gains have consistently been progressive. We will not engage in any other activities not congruent with what we have sworn to do,” he added.
In recent reports, Brawner said there was a destabilization plot against the administration of President Ferdinand Marcos Jr.
Brawner made the disclosure when he presided over the joint change of command and chief of office ceremony of the Western Mindanao Command (WestMinCom) and Inspector General (IG) of the AFP at Camp Don Basilio Navarro on Friday, Nov. 3, 2023.
Brawner said some of those involved in the destabilization plot against the Marcos administration were former AFP officers.
He said they are calling to stage rallies and coup d’etat, citing the president must be replaced.
But then the AFP issued immediately a statement that General Romeo S Brawner Jr was simply misquoted.
Brawner again reminded all AFP personnel to remain professional and loyal to their oath to protect the people and the state.
Meanwhile, the statement by the 4th Infantry Division said that soldiers “will toe the line whatever directives that the higher headquarters will provide us.”
“We are focused on accomplishing our mission as mandated by higher headquarters,” the statement further said.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration