THE EASTERN Mindanao Command (EastMinCom) will intensify its security operations to ensure orderly and peaceful Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections on Oct. 30.
Lt Col Ma Cristina Rosete-Manuel, newly designated spokesperson of Eastern Mindanao Command, said their commander, Lt Gen Greg Almerol, already directed the men on the ground to ramp up intelligence gathering and security operations to counter any potential threat.
Manuel said they continue to collaborate with the local government units to harmonize the security plan and its implementation.
“Very active atong peace and order council on this,” she said during the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya Hotel on Wednesday.
The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) will also intensify its intelligence monitoring and checkpoints for a safe and peaceful campaign period for the elections, said its spokesperson, Captain Hazel Tuazon.
Earlier, President Ferdinand Marcos Jr. declared the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan Elections on Oct. 30, 2023, as a non-working day. The official campaign period for the BSK elections is set from Oct. 19 to 28.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration