The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) XI warned Pantawid Pamilyang Pilipino Program (4Ps) beneficiaries on the practice of pawning their cash cards.
The agency said that the pawning of their automated teller machine (ATM) cards is a violation of grievance redress system (GRS) guidelines, supported by the approved policy of the Pantawid National Advisory Committee.
Odyssa Esther K. Matas , Pantawid regional GRS focal person, the practice is classified under “misbehavior of beneficiaries.”
“On the first offense, the members will be subjected to counseling and must promise not to commit the offense again. Habitual offenders will be subject for cash grants suspension or referred for delisting,” Matas said.
As stated in the guideline, “other offenses of beneficiary or inappropriate utilization of the grants such as but not limited to gambling, vices, pawning and/or collateral and selling of Cash Cards and/or Pantawid Pamilya IDs, using and/or spending grants for purposes other than those intended for education and health needs of the family are all subject to appropriate sanctions.”
The DSWD XI already placed sanctions on 186 beneficiaries in 2018 who violated the guideline.
The public may report through their City/Municipal Link or via text message: 4PS[space]REKLAMO[space]NAME[space]Message and send to 0918-912-2813. They can also submit their reports through a direct message at the Facebook Page “DSWD Region XI.”
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?