AN ALLEGED drug dealer was killed after he reportedly resisted arrest in a buy-bust operation in Lower Lubogan, Toril at 11:34 p.m. on Friday, Jan. 26.
Police identified him as Rubin Fernandez Obencio, 45, married, self-employed, and a resident of Agdao.
According to the report, Obencio sold a sachet of shabu to a police undercover but tried to shoot at the officer upon realizing that he was about to be arrested. However, the operating team returned fire and mortally wounded him.
The suspect was immediately brought to the Davao Mediquest Hospital in Toril but was declared dead on arrival.
The operating team recovered three sachets of shabu weighing 1.6 grams worth P25,920 from the suspect. They also seized the .38 revolver without a serial number, along with four bullets, three cartridges belonging to the same firearm, and a 9mm caliber pistol.
- Toril inferno | Fire razes 50 houses in Crossing Bayabas
- Cagayan de Oro, Zamboanga start vaccinating senior citizens
- Restos, Salons, Gyms, Spas and Cinemas back Concepcion’s proposal of lowering alert levels
- Scene City | Hannah Marie Denila’s debut
- “You Have the Power” Roadshow slated this Friday at SM Lanang
- DCWD not affected by drought
- City surpasses last year’s business renewal numbers
- Man with P600,000 in shabu nabbed
- ‘She was my friend’: Army commander denies involvement in model’s murder
- TESTAMENT TO GRIT | Former athletes marvel at Hidilyn Diaz’s sacrifices to grab Olympic gold