POLICE on Tuesday filed a criminal case against the multicab driver who severely injured a 19-year-old female college student who was crossing the pedestrian lane in Los Amigos, on Nov. 6.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), said the driver, alias Renante, a fish vendor and a resident of Purok 20, New Loon, Mintal, was charged with reckless imprudence resulting in serious physical Injury.
Tuazon said the family of alias Jane, a student of Holy Cross College of Calinan and a resident of Purok 3A, Los Amigos, wanted to pursue a case since the victim lapsed into a coma at the Southern Philippines Medical Center.
According to the report, the driver was along the fast lane toward Mintal on a Suzuki Dropside multicab when he bumped the student who was crossing the pedestrian lane. The victim lost consciousness due to the head trauma.
- VM gives 8.5 rating to outgoing Council
- It’s the best time to Join the Flip Side: All the reasons to pre-order the latest Galaxy devices
- Two 30-minute power interruptions on January 15 in Maa, Magtuod, Mandug and Indangan
- Painting as her calling
- Tabula Rasa | Celebrate 2019 Kadayawan with Art
- Programs needed In GDP forecast, says top official
- AIDurian Project set to start next year
- 1,661 suspects arrested in drug ops since 2017: DCPO
- 116 police recruits fail neuropsychiatric exam
- ROUGH CUTS: The digital Kadayawan Week celebration