By Gio J. Tanudtanud
THE DEPARTMENT of Tourism XI continues its roadshow to drum up interest for the Davao Adventure Challenge, a year-long campaign to explore what Davao Region has to offer.
During the P.E.P. Talks at SM Lanang on Jan 16, DOT XI regional director Tanya Rabat-Tan said the Davao Adventure Challenge is one of their program showcases for 2024.
She said Davao has a diverse area with high potential for adventure tourism, such as the tallest mountain in the Philippines, Mt. Apo, and the highest waterfalls in the Philippines like the Tudaya Falls in Davao del Sur, and Aliwagwag Falls in Davao Oriental.
The department released the promotional video on its Facebook page and she invited everyone to watch the clip to understand the concept behind the Davao Adventure Challenge.
DOT XI partnered with GoPro and invited 13 top content creators from the Philippines, Indonesia, South Korea, Malaysia, Taiwan, Thailand, and Australia. Their outputs were unveiled at the GoPro Creator Summit APAC on Nov. 20-25, 2023.
The Davao Adventure Challenge project will run for a year and it aims to promote the region as a premiere adventure destination in the country and ASEAN. Adventure activities like canyoneering, rappelling, or freediving also allow tourists to explore areas through a fresh lens.
Rabat-Tan said they will schedule a separate announcement, including updates for the campaign, in the upcoming 3rd Davao Dive Expo mid-year.
“We’re already starting with the preparations and of course, this time around, we want more exhibitors and participants for this program,” she said.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out