Davao City – Their fastbreak plays did it all as the De La Salle Green Archers capped another Davao City title that concluded this year’s edition of the 82nd Araw ng Dabaw Collegiate basketball league, Thursday night at the expense of Lyceum of the Philippines University Pirates, 73-57 played at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras Gym).
Finals Most Valuable Player (MVP) Encho Serrano delivered the goods for the Green Archers sparking a 12-4 run in the third canto that had them going 40-32 in the third canto and never looked back. Serrano’s 16-point performance through separate assists from Aljun Melecio and Andrei Carracut halted a possible LPU Pirate comeback especially in the fourth capping an alley-hoop play that delighted the local crowd.
The Green Archers anchored by coaches Gian Nazario, Roland Watts and Jermaine Byrd also got help from Joaqui Manuel, Tyrus Hill, Francis Escandor and Justin Baltazar in that final quarter surge that made it clear, 65-50 with a minute left.
The University of the East Red Warriors settled for third place after beating University of Cebu Webmasters, 80-72.
SBP-XI director and Presidential Adviser on Sports Glenn Y. Escandor awarded the winners with their respective cash prizes after the games.
- Food delivery service donates food to frontliners
- WANDERLUST | DOT Xl bares accomplishments for 2021
- Mobile loans do much to ease unbanked Filipinos’ financial burden
- CTTMO: Some car owners refuse to pay parking fee
- Discover new things with your 1st e-wallet: GCash Jr.
- Urban Ape | 1 + 1 = 11
- Relieved and probed
- EastMinCom chief says COVID-19 won’t curtail operations vs. Reds
- Scene City | Visiting El Don Resort in Governor Generoso
- ROUGH CUTS | Where are ‘In aid of legislation’ laws?