THE NEW Year celebration in the city remained uneventful with zero firecracker-related incidents, according to the Davao City Police Office(DCPO).
DCPO chief Col. Alberto Lupaz said they monitored no reports of casualties and injuries from stray bullets, indiscriminate firing, firecrackers, and pyrotechnics during the month-long Pasko Fiesta 2023, particularly on New Year’s Eve.
“The stringent security preparations, including all the necessary measures undertaken by the men and women of the security and safety cluster, force multipliers, and other volunteer groups, with the full support of the Davao City government through collaborative efforts, interoperability of resources and cooperation paved the way for an orderly and peaceful conduct of the Pasko Fiesta events during the holiday season,” he said.
Moreover, he credited the informed community for adopting the culture of security and adhering to the do’s and don’ts during major events, which had profound effects on the overall peaceful celebration.
“Snappy salute to everyone who gave their best and sincerely put their hearts into providing service, spent sleepless nights, and sweated just to make the celebration safe, secure, and successful,” he added.
- Family Life | Abusive Parenting Part 2 – Discipline Practices
- P50,000 worth of shabu, gun intercepted at 2 checkpoints
- P300-K worth of shabu seized in buy-bust
- EDITORIAL CARTOON
- Bags disallowed DCPO bans backpacks in polling precincts
- Weeklong celebration awaits SPMC personnels, patrons
- Cultural Potpourri: The artistic impact of Tanya Gaisano-Lee
- ROUGH CUTS | Our slow journey to normalization
- SARA: LGU letter needed before stranded persons are allowed to return home
- PSA gears for national ID