Davao City Police Office Director Sr. Supt. Alexander Tagum has prohibited his personnel from engaging in Kapa, a company tagged to be involved in an illegal pyramiding scheme.
“I have already warned my people never to get involved with KAPA,” Tagum said.
Tagum issued the statement after the police office in South Cotabato issued a similar memorandum.
Kapa allegedly originated in SOCCSKSARGEN area.
Tagum said the presence of Kapa in the city is not yet widely spread as it is still starting here.
But he said they are expecting to get complaints from the victims months from now.
“There will be a complaint already because they (members) can no longer receive money,” he added.
The DCPO chief said Kapa is apparently still conducting recruitments, typical of a pyramiding scam.
Those in the fourth level in the recruitment usually are the victims as they could no longer get their invested money.x
- Suspect killed in shootout
- CULTURAL POTPOURRI | Thai Culinary Experience with Benjarong’s Chef Woon Krissana
- Vaccination, castration set
- Kids ban from Internet cafes on school days hurdles 2nd reading
- DCRCB reconstituted anew
- TOUCHDOWN | Initial shipment of COVID-19 vaccines arrive in Davao City
- 41,000 nabbed for violations during MECQ – DCPO
- Abude: Delete bogus FB page
- Protection desk eyed to advance workers rights
- Globe to develop more digital solutions in support of government’s digitalization goals