THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) and Police Regional Office (PRO) XI commemorated on Thursday, Jan. 25 the National Day of Remembrance for the SAF 44 who were killed in an operation in Mamasapano, Maguindanao.
“Let us honor and give justice to our SAF 44 heroes by emulating the courage they displayed and the heroism that they showed. Let us not forget their supreme sacrifice by continuing our sworn duty to serve and protect our people from lawless violence, criminal acts, and terrorism,” the DCPO said in a statement.
Meanwhile, the family and relatives of some of the 44 members of the Special Action Force who died in the encounter in Mamasapano, Maguindanao on January 25, 2015, were present during the national day of remembrance.
The family couldn’t help but shed tears during the offering of flowers.
Lt Gen Michael John Dubria, PNP acting chief for operations, led the 9th anniversary of SAF 44 in Camp Catitipan, Police Regional Office XI on Thursday, Jan. 25.
The official presented flowers to the “Bantayog sa mga Bayanging Pulis” with PBGen. Alden Delvo, Regional Director of Police Regional Office XI with the family of the deceased SAF member.
SPO1 Lover Inocencio, one of the slain police officers in SAF 44 was a resident of Panabo City, Davao Del Norte.
Meanwhile, among those who were honored and prayed for were the two policemen who died after responding to the riot in Purok 4, Barangay Lacson, Calinan District on July 22, 2023.
- Scene City | Inaul masks liven up one’s spirits
- PUM defies quarantine, now in police custody
- Soldier hurt in ambush
- Even cemeteries are feeling the heat
- ROUGH CUTS | Not just one but many other whammies
- DECODE 2020 to gather IT professionals, tech experts in three-day virtual conference
- Tabula Rasa | Learnings from a Dutch artist
- Davao Light electrifies 95% of target far-flung areas
- Globe wins Asia’s Best CEO, CFO, CSR
- NPA arms cache with six rifles seized in Bukidnon