Press "Enter" to skip to content

Dawn fire hurts 2

TWO INDIVIDUALS sustained minor injuries in a fire that razed a house and three establishments in Talisay, Times Beach, Barangay 76-A, on Sunday, Feb. 18.

The Davao City Police Office (DCPO) identified them as businesswoman Michelle Bolos, 43, married, who sustained lower back pain, and construction worker John Stephen Sebastian, 26, who sustained swelling on his right wrist. 

According to the investigation of the Bucana Fire Station, Bolos screamed for help around 3:30 a.m. waking everybody in the house. Her son said the second floor of the house was already in flames and their neighbors immediately took action to help put the fire out. 

Meanwhile, firefighters and volunteers arrived minutes later but the flames already spread out to the adjacent structures since they were made of light materials. 

Firefighters declared a fireout at 3:55 a.m. The incident was blamed on an electrical short circuit. Accordingly, the cost of damage reached P270,000.


Powered By ICTC/DRS