THE DAVAO Tourism Association (DTA) launched the Kaan Dawet food fair to elevate the night market experience of Davaoeños and tourists during the Kadayawan celebration.
During the iSpeak conference on Thursday, Nicole Bian-Ledesma, DTA and Kaan Dawet team lead, revealed that there are 40 confirmed participating tenants consisting of local entrepreneurs, restaurants, and member schools.
“In line with the Kadayawan theme, Kaan Dawet is a celebration of the food of the flavors of Davao that is something that we really need to be proud of,” Ledesma said.
Ledesma said the bazaar aims to showcase local entrepreneurs and provide an avenue of exposure for aspiring student chefs who are the ambassadors of Davao cuisine.
She also said the bazaar will serve as a ‘go-to place’ for local and foreign tourists to aid their hunger while enjoying the various events.
Ledesma said the foot traffic is expected to surpass the bazaar during Araw ng Dabaw last March, which was 50,000.
“In Kadayawan, we are expecting more people to come especially that Kaan Dawet is happening behind Rizal Park, where everything happens, the center of Kadayawan festivities,” Ledesma said.
The food bazaar is organized by the Davao Tourism Association, in partnership with the Department of Tourism XI, and the City Government of Davao.
It will be free of admission to the public and will run from Aug. 18-20 at Rizal Park, San Pedro Square.
- Bong Go: 2 escapee soldiers deserve awards
- Brainstorm: The Next Generation | Police power
- P2-M worth of rare timber intercepted at Davao airport
- Rough Cuts | Inadvertently forgotten?
- Davao Skate Park to open March 15
- Level your drive with the new Toyota Vios
- Tessera Sparkling Diamonds for Christmas
- Reflections |Significance of Being Datu Bago Awardee
- Screen Shots | And the best films of 2019… are not in the Oscars
- Wanderlust | Rising above the challenges