BY GIO TANUDTANUD
THE LITERARY Arts and Visual Arts Festival 2024 (LAVA Fest) will be featuring the colorful “Daloy ng Buhay” play at The Pavilion, La Herencia Davao this Feb 25, 2024.
During the Kapihas sa PIA on Feb.5, assistant director Joma Trono Tañara said “Daloy ng Buhay” will feature live dancers and music to mimic and interpret the artworks of Elenita “Boots” C. Dumlao.
“Daloy ng Buhay” is a contemporary play directed and written by Dumlao with the collaboration of local artists in Davao projecting the art journey of Davaoeños in life, environment, and emotions through paintings associated with music, dance, and poetry.
“Instead of just projecting the paintings, we come up with the idea to weave the painting with music, dances, and poetry. And so to do that, we cannot just focus on one group so we invited local artists,” he said.
Boots Dumlao is a multi-awarded artist in Davao known for her famous artworks and contributions to both the local and international scene. She is also a Datu Bago awardee in 2023 and one of the lead organizers of Baihinang, an all-women artist group active in Davao.
The art play will have two shows, the Matinee from 3-5 p.m. and the Gala from 6-8:30 p.m. General admission tickets will be sold at P500 and P200 for students. Special Program for the Arts (SPA) students and teachers can watch the show for free.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher