THE DEPARTMENT of Agriculture (DA) XI worked with the Durian Industry Association of Davao City to push for farm tourism by establishing packages to connect durian farms and retailers in Davao Region.
This was discussed during the recently concluded 1st Asia Durian Summit held last Oct. 25-27.
Celso Vergara, DA XI public relations officer, said they help farmers attain more knowledge from pest and disease management up to processing, value-adding, and marketing. They also tapped the Department of Tourism for its expertise in promotions.
“They are going to identify those areas na prepared na kay kini siya nga package tour will not just highlight the product, but also the farm management, para katong mga farmers nato nga interested, makabalo sila,” Vergara said.
The durian summit also accomplished market linkage and counterpart opportunities for durian and gained international market partnerships.
Last Nov. 9, the Philippine Durian products were highlighted during the China International Expert Expo, at the FOODPhilippines Pavilion in Shanghai, China. According to the International Food Exhibition, the Philippines is now known as the third-largest exporter of durians to China.
- City confers Datu Bago Award to artists, journalist
- Parents urged | Prepare your children for vax
- FULL TEXT: Enhanced Community Quarantine Guidelines Davao City
- Close to Home | Artificial Intelligence and us
- Punla: 4 Mindanao artists, new grounds in Manila
- Military targets 2 NPA leaders
- GenSan monitoring possible new infections from UK variant
- ROUGH CUTS | Profligate with people’s money
- BDO, SM to hold first virtual ‘Pamaskong Handog’
- DepEd: Salugpongan not a Lumad school