Operatives of the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) arrested an alleged member of a criminal gang during a pre-dawn raid in Bankerohan yesterday.
Major Milgrace Driz, the CIDG 11 assistant regional chief, identified the suspect as Sayde Mindalano Ampaso, alleged to be a member of Avila Gang.
In coordination with the San Pedro Police Station, Driz said they implemented the search warrant issued by Regional Trial Court Executive Judge Emmanuel Carpio that led to the arrest of the suspect around 2 a.m. inside his house in Purok 1, Barangay 5-A, Poblacion District.
Driz said they seized from the suspect two .38 caliber revolvers without serial numbers and five .38 caliber bullets during the raid.
The Avila Gang, according to Driz, is engaged in gun running, illegal drugs peddling, robbery and extortion in the city and neighboring provinces.
She said they placed the suspect under surveillance “for several months” after receiving tip that he kept several firearms.
“Thus we conducted validation and monitoring,” she said.
Driz lauded the community “for their support, cooperation and trust in reporting violators of the law” as she urges the public to report to authorities any suspicious persons in their area to prevent crimes.
“We will continue to run after them (criminals),” Driz said.
A case for violating Republic Act 10591 (Comprehensive Firearms and Ammunition Law) is being prepared against the detained suspect.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts