AN ALLEGED mugger was killed after he tried to fight the arresting Bajada police officers in an alley near Taurus Street, Barangay Wilfredo Aquino, around 12:30 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 6.
Police have yet to identify the suspect but described him as medium-built and wearing a yellow Adidas sweatshirt, black short pants, and black Nike shoes.
According to the report, a 20-year-old lady was waiting for a jeepney around 11:30 p.m. on Monday when the suspect approached her and declared a hold-up at gunpoint.
The suspect took her phone and left the area. The lady then reported it to the nearest police station in Bajada. Officers conducted a manhunt and chased the suspect down after the victim positively identified him.
When he was cornered, he drew his gun instead of surrendering, forcing the operating team to fire at him. Police brought the suspect to the Southern Philippines Medical Center but was declared dead on arrival.
- Honoring my mother: I stray we stray
- Kraft: No letup in enforcement
- HONORING MY MOTHER | JUST BEFORE THE DAWN
- COVID-19 UPDATE
- Scene City | Santos – Camiling Clan comes together in grand reunion
- Scene City | Mossa Cafe + Bakery Opens its Doors to Dabawenyo Foodies
- PSSCC assures sufficient care for lockdown areas
- ROUGH CUTS | Substitution and alliances for convenience
- Globe named PH’s strongest brand by Brand Finance
- RHWC: Figures on HIV-affected residents ‘inaccurate’