THE COMMISSION on Elections-Davao City and various government agencies started tearing down the campaign materials outside common posting areas on Wednesday morning, Oct. 25.
The activity, dubbed Operation Baklas, was conducted simultaneously in three different districts of Davao City, starting at the second district in Barangay Buhangin Proper, Cabantian, and Agdao District later in the afternoon.
The team removed campaign posters hung on tree trunks or pasted on power poles and private fences, among others.
Comelec XI acting regional director Lawyer Gay Enumerables said they gave ample warning to the candidates regarding the common poster areas. Apart from wasting their campaign paraphernalia, which will be seized by the team, the aspirants may also be held liable under the Election Code.
Joining Comelec-Davao City are the team from the Department of Public Works and Highways, Davao City Police Office, Task Force Davao, and City Environment and Natural Resources.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils