THE DAVAO City Police Office (DCPO) on Friday resumed extending services to barangays through its Oplan Kalinaw security and community outreach program.
Through the Oplan Kalinaw, the DCPO aims to strengthen community-police relations by bringing basic government services to barangays. The program also intends to enhance police presence in densely populated communities.
Barangay Bago Gallera was the first stop after the DCPO suspended the program in August last for the Barangay and SK elections. Residents availed themselves of various free services such as general medical checkups, checkups for pets, vehicle pre-registration, and free haircuts, among others. Food packs and school supplies were also distributed.
DCPO deputy director for operations Lt. Col. Ireneo Caburnay thanked all Barangay Bago Gallera residents for their active participation in the program.
He also asked residents to continue to cooperate with various security measures enforced in the city to ensure peace and order.
“Ang kaayuhan, kalinaw ug seguridad sa katawhan makab-ot lamang kung aduna’y pagkahiusa, kooperasyon ug aktibong partisipasyon sa tanang miyembro sa komunidad (Order, peace and security of all can only be achieved with unity, cooperation, and active participation of all members of the community),” Carbunay said.
Bago Gallera was chosen as the venue for the DCPO’s first outreach and medical mission of the year to extend essential services to those who were affected by the recent flooding there.
Friday’s program was participated in by the Public Employment Service Office, City Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Office, City Social Welfare Development Office, City Health Office, City Legal Office, and other offices from the local government unit participated in the program.
National agencies such as the Philippine Statistics Agency, PhilHealth, Land Transportation Office, Bureau of Fire Protection, Department of Social Welfare and Development, Bureau of Fisheries and Agrarian Resources, and the Department of Health were also partners of the DCPO in the program.
- COVID-19 | 90% recovery rate logged in the city, says top doctor
- 2 more GCTA program beneficiaries surrender
- Local coaches mourn on Milo Best Center Sports founder’s death
- Wanderlust | Expo aims to lure more Filipino tourists
- Same restrictions in place as GCQ extended in Davao City
- …as key project needed to reduce air pollution
- Scene City: JIB International Schools awarded 4-Star International Center for Excellence
- NHA: 50 housing units for ex-rebs to be turned over in mid-Feb
- Bringing back the joys of Easter Sunday
- Scene City | Roselie Ng’s 60th birthday