COMMISSION on Human Rights (CHR) Davao regional director Junitte Rose F. Barroquillo led the ceremonial entrustment of firearms to new soldiers as she reminded them to carry the values instilled during the training, especially on international humanitarian law.
The Army held a graduation ceremony for the Candidate Soldier Course (CSC) Class 766 – 2023 held at Sgt. Demerin Grandstand, Camp Gen. Manuel T. Yan Sr., Mawab, Davao De Oro, on Nov. 29.
A total of 141 privates, 126 males and 15 females, symbolically received their issued R4 rifles during the ceremony. The privates completed six months of basic military training and infantry orientation course at the 10th Division Training School in Mawab.
In her message, Atty. Barroquillo reminded soldiers to know more about human rights, International Humanitarian Law, the rule of law, rules of engagement, and the Comprehensive Agreement on Human Rights and International Humanitarian Law.
“You will now take on the responsibility of maintaining and improving the 10th Infantry Division’s Human Rights Records and supporting Pro-Human Rights operations and advocacies. As members of the Armed Forces, you are not only guardians of the nation but also stewards of the principles that define our shared humanity,” Barroquillo said.
Meanwhile, Brigadier General Allan D. Hambala, 10ID commander, emphasized the importance of entrusting firearms to the privates.
“One of the very important parts of this program is the symbolic entrustment of firearms. It may seem simple, but it symbolizes the trust and confidence of our fellow citizens, especially those in the civilian sector, in your ability to carry such a weapon,” Hambala added.
The new privates will be deployed to the organic Infantry battalions of the Agila Division all over Southeastern Mindanao.
- Region’s top cop vows probe on UCCP Haran
- Timesman | She pampers me with love!
- PUBLISHER’S NOTES| When Someone Close Dies
- Editorial: The Cotabato Question
- Quakes damage 137 health facilities
- Monolithic domes needed in typhoon-prone areas: Piñol
- Phoenix fuels offered at 80% off on Limitless
- Sen. Go, Rep. Nieto to open National Sports Summit 2021
- Rough Cuts | A museum out of the Bajada Power Plant?
- PUJs allowed to enter UP campus for DAVRAA meet