- Psych evaluation result vs man who stole Army truck out today: police
THE POLICE will file a case today, Dec. 27, against the civilian who stole a Task Force Davao KM450 truck before plowing through people and vehicles along A. Pichon Street (formerly Magallanes) on Christmas Eve.
In an interview on Tuesday, Major Marvin Hugos, commander of San Pedro police, said Crenenandy Rodriguez Cadiente, 44, a resident of Purok 12, St. John, Bucana, will face a case of reckless imprudence resulting in homicide, physical injuries, and damage to properties.
Cadiente slipped inside the KM450 truck without anybody noticing and cut through people and parked motorcycles and four-wheeled vehicles before it stopped after ramming a closed van. His action resulted in the death of two people and injury to three others.
Hugos said for now they can’t ascertain yet if the suspect was under the influence of liquor during the incident.
“About his mental status, we are still waiting on documents from mental health since it will be released by tomorrow [Wednesday],” he added.
The suspect is still under the custody of the San Pedro Police Station.
Meanwhile, he said Private First Class Patrick Saguin Trumata, the driver of the KM450 truck with number plate SJE-281, will also possibly face an administrative case.
According to the report, Trumata alighted and left the engine idling along Pichon Street to supposedly double-check if all the soldiers in the truck had already disembarked when the suspect entered and manned the truck.
As of this writing, the hospital already discharged two of the three injured while the other will be subjected to an X-ray test. The two died on the spot they were all waiting for a passenger jeepney at the time of the incident.
Moreover, Lt Gen. Greg T. Almerol, the commander of the Eastern Mindanao (EastMinCom), has directed the Joint Task Force (JTF) Haribon, which holds the TF Davao to conduct a thorough investigation into the incident.
Almerol assured the public and families of the victims for a speedy investigation to immediately look if there is negligence on the part of their personnel and provide appropriate action.
He also expressed his condolences and assured the Command’s support and assistance as they grieved for the loss of their loved ones.
“While this incident is isolated, it is unfortunate that it happened while we were preparing for a festive celebration of Christmas. We extend our condolences to the families of the victims. Be assured that we will not rest until you get the justice deserved by your loved ones,” he said.
The Task Force Davao, in coordination with the local government, is presently assisting the needs of victims and their respective families.
- Honoring my mother: I stray we stray
- Kraft: No letup in enforcement
- HONORING MY MOTHER | JUST BEFORE THE DAWN
- COVID-19 UPDATE
- Scene City | Santos – Camiling Clan comes together in grand reunion
- Scene City | Mossa Cafe + Bakery Opens its Doors to Dabawenyo Foodies
- PSSCC assures sufficient care for lockdown areas
- ROUGH CUTS | Substitution and alliances for convenience
- Globe named PH’s strongest brand by Brand Finance
- RHWC: Figures on HIV-affected residents ‘inaccurate’