- Killed 14-year-old duped by ‘handsome’ chatmate
POLICE filed a murder case against a 20-year-old construction worker tagged in the killing of a 14-year-old female student dumped in a grass portion in Purok 3, Cogon, Barangay Bato, Toril District around 12:30 a.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 7.
On Thursday, Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified the suspect as Jayson Demahii.
In an interview with the media on Wednesday afternoon, Toril Police Station acting chief Captain Marlon Donguilab said Demahii already confessed to the crime. He quoted the suspect as saying that he got mad when the victim slapped him.
In retaliation, he grabbed a stick and swung it on her foot before crushing her head with a rock.
“Luoy kaayo ang bata; guba kaayo ang nawong (The child was in a poor state; her face was wrecked),” he said.
Donquilab added the suspect was the victim’s chatmate who was probably lured by the handsome photo on his profile picture. However, she met an entirely different person when the victim went to see the suspect.
“Naka chat pa siya sa iyang friend nga dili man diay ni si Jayson akong kakita, lahi man, tabange ko (She even chatted her friend and asked for help because it wasn’t the Jayson she was expecting),” he added.
According to the report of the Toril Police Station, the victim’s sister called them for help after receiving a distress call from the victim. The student was found bleeding and lifeless on a grassy lot near a tower.
Donquilab advised parents to monitor the online activities of their children, especially underage girls since predators are using social media to lure their prey.
- PH to showcase footprint as host of global fintech festival
- FORGED BY FRIENDSHIP RECOVERY GOLF CHAMPIONSHIP
- Coastal barangays yield 21,428 sacks of garbage
- Nunot: Ang naanda’ng reaksiyon
- My Turn | Water Woes (Part 2)
- Luisita looms as underdog as PAL Senior Interclub kicks off
- Rough Cuts | An EAGA dream is off again
- Rough Cuts | Why no Mindanaoan nationally-recognized hero?
- LandBank waives fees for fund transfers below P1,000
- Army seizes NPA cache containing ammo, bomb parts