THE SAN Pedro Police Station will file a case against the bus driver who hit a nine-year-old student while crossing a pedestrian lane resulting in her death around 4 p.m. on Thursday, Sept. 28.
Police identified the bus driver as Efren Cerona Jr., from Santo Tomas Davao del Norte, who was driving the Metro Shuttle bus. He faces a case for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide.
The victim, meanwhile, was Shienjilyn Bangcas from Purok 4, Bucana, Barangay 76-A, a student of Sta. Ana Elementary School.
In the investigation, the bus was heading south toward Quimpo Boulevard trying to maneuver around a PUJ on a full stop in front of a crosswalk. The child crossed the blind spot of the bus driver.
The girl went under the bus and was dragged a few steps as people shouted at the driver to stop.
Central 911 paramedics rushed the girl to the hospital but she was already dead by then.
The bus driver is now in the custody of the San Pedro Police Station.
As of this writing, the management of Davao Metro Shuttle has not released a statement regarding the incident.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher