AN ALLEGED burglar was caught on CCTV camera stealing over P42,000 in cash and a laptop from a laptop and computer accessories shop along Pelayo (Magallanes) Street around 10 a.m. on Thursday.
Police identified the suspect as Angelo Taya, who hails from Barangay Lukod, Baganga, Davao Oriental.
According to the report, the 27-year-old, business owner reported that someone broke into the shop. The main lock on the door was broken and the cash in the drawer was missing.
Upon reviewing the shop’s CCTV, they found the suspect rummaging through the shop and even kissing the cash when he found the bundle before escaping. The owner also recognized him as a regular customer of the establishment.
The owner said the cash was meant for the Christmas party of their staff. He offered a P15,000 bounty to anyone who could provide information that would lead to the suspect’s arrest. The police continue their investigation into the incident.
- City confers Datu Bago Award to artists, journalist
- Parents urged | Prepare your children for vax
- FULL TEXT: Enhanced Community Quarantine Guidelines Davao City
- Close to Home | Artificial Intelligence and us
- Punla: 4 Mindanao artists, new grounds in Manila
- Military targets 2 NPA leaders
- GenSan monitoring possible new infections from UK variant
- ROUGH CUTS | Profligate with people’s money
- BDO, SM to hold first virtual ‘Pamaskong Handog’
- DepEd: Salugpongan not a Lumad school