AFP CHIEF of Staff Romeo S Brawner Jr. commended the 10th Infantry (Agila) Division for its extraordinary mission accomplishments, including humanitarian assistance and disaster response (HADR) operations in Southeastern Mindanao.
Brawner visited the 10ID headquarters in Camp General Manuel T. Yan Sr. in Mawab, Davao De Oro, on Saturday, Feb.3
During the briefing, Colonel Arvin M. Tenorio, 10ID assistant chief of staff for operations (G3), said they successfully maintained an insurgency-free Davao Region for one year, three months, and counting. He added that 10ID conducted 345 HADR activities, assisting almost 130,000 individuals.
In his message, Brawner commended the Agila troopers, led by Major General Allan D. Hambala, for their bravery and commitment to maintaining security in the region. He also reiterated the importance of a united effort to ensure the safety and prosperity of the Filipino people.
“Sa 10ID, we have been the model. Modelo tayo sa kampanya against the Red Area o yung mga armadong grupo ng CPP-NPA-NDF (Communist Party of the Philippines-New People’s Army-National Democratic Front). In fact, ito yung unang area kung saan natin nadeklara na talagang tapos na, insurgency-free yung buong region),” Brawner added.
In his talk to troops, Brawner underscored the significance of professionalism, emphasizing that soldiers should remain committed to their duty and carry the motto of “One AFP, One Philippines.”
He stressed the importance of unity and collaboration among the different branches of the military to address national concerns effectively.
“I hope that you will continue the good works that you are doing. Ituloy lang natin yung pagiging professional natin at ang pagiging isang Armed Forces of the Philippines,” he added.
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JANUARY 13, 2022
- College of Science students voice out concerns at the CS-wide student consultation
- Paradigm Shift | Democratic party plays identity politics and it is dangerous, Part 2
- Honoring my Mother | Touchy Touchy
- Haran probe opened | Police looking whether families inside are prevented from going home
- Councilor advises teachers: Go speak to the mayor first
- NUNOT SA ALISNGAW SA KAPE | Mga patag ibabaw sa bungtod bahaon na karon!
- Guerrilla, activist surrender
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- IRR for Cancer Act may soon be out