A decomposing body of a woman was found in Barangay Langub, Talomo District on Thursday.
Police are still investigating if there was foul play in the case.
The woman is still unidentified.
Initial investigation disclosed that at around 5 p.m. Thursday, 73-year-old farmer Rodrigo Alindahaw Abarilla smelled a foul odor as he was visiting his cows in Purok 6, Mahayahay, Langub.
Police said the body was partly covered with garbage and the upper left arm was probably eaten by stray dogs.
The woman was described as wearing blue maong pants and a floral t-shirt, ranging from 25 to 30 years old and about 5’2” in height.
The cadaver was brought to the Angel Funeral Homes Torres for the required autopsy test.
The Davao City Police Office is still conducting a follow-up investigation to identify the victim.
By Frances Marianne Grace F. Miranda/UM Intern
- Mom in her kitchen. See what’s cooking, too!
- ROUGH CUTS | These rumor mongers
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – April 6, 2021
- Rough Cuts | No need to find alibis
- Police, victims, and a call for change
- SCENE CITY | Verdeli opens as newest destination in Malagos
- DCPO recognized as best police office
- 59 communist guerrillas surrender since January
- Scene City | Quarantine is a blessing in disguise
- President urged: Cancel franchise of electric coop