BY GIO J. TANUDTANUD
A BIBLE reading marathon is set at Rizal Park later this month as part of the National Bible Month celebration with the theme, “God’s Word: The Breath of New Life.”
Pastor Rueland Badoy of the Peace International Apostolic Ministries and National Bible Month co-convenor, said they wanted an “all-city approach” to the two-day marathon. They invited the local government, schools, police, and civil society organizations to participate in the activity.
Last year, the group held the bible reading marathon on July 22-23 at Rizal Park after a three-year hiatus due to the pandemic.
Badoy also acknowledged Councilor Pilar C. Braga for passing a resolution supporting the National Bible Month celebration. He also wrote the Office of the City Mayor and the City Council, soliciting their help for the activity.
“We’re still waiting for the response of the mayor but of course, we have done that in the past in 2020 and 2023. We look forward to doing that again this year,” he said.
Brother Doming Alob of the Archdiocese of Davao Biblical Apostolate (ABAD) added that the National Bible Month is celebrated yearly in line with Presidential Proclamation 2242 signed by President Ferdinand E. Marcos in 1982.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- UPMin’s mathematicians recommend continuing lockdown beyond April 19
- Avoidable tragedy
- Knowing some of energy modalities
- Timesman: Duterte is here!
- 1 rebel killed when NPA ambushes soldiers, cops
- Man with shabu, Handgun nabbed
- Davao City nerve center activated, hotlines shared
- NEW MARKET | WESM available in Mindanao starting December 26 – DOE
- Massive tree-cutting along Ma-a riverbanks: Councilor