A BARANGAY councilor was arrested after he was caught carrying a firearm without documents while passing through the Task Force Davao checkpoint in Lasang, Bunawan, around 7 p.m. on Thursday, Oct. 12.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as Roger Caballero Cadava, 55, of Barangay Bao, Alamada, North Cotabato.
Aside from Illegal possession of firearms (Republic Act 10591), Cadava will also face a case for violating the Omnibus Election Code (BP 881) or the Comelec gun ban for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections on Oct. 30.
According to the report, Cadawa was on board a Toyota Hi-lux when CAA II Christian H Tizon saw the 9mm pistol in plain view. The suspect could not present papers for the firearm upon demand.
For now, he is under the custody of Bunawan police station to face the cases against him.
In related news, a motorcycle rider was also arrested by the Calinan police after he hit a female pedestrian in front of the Megkawayan Barangay Hall in Calinan around 7:30 p.m.
Alfredo Sullano Jr. was caught by the patroling barangay security force after they found a .38 revolver tucked in his waist. He was turned over to the Calinan Police Station for the filing of charges.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher