BALENGAENG of Tugbok District won the 2023 search for “Barangay ang Bida Kontra Ilegal na Droga.”
The barangay was one of the 102 barangays with a Barangay Anti-Drug Abuse Council (BADAC) worthy of emulation, according to the City Social Welfare and Development Office (CSWDO).
“We are grateful for being recognized and our sacrifice was not in vain,” barangay chieftain Daniel M. Orong Sr. said as he received the plaque during the flag ceremony at City Hall on Jan. 15.
He said they catered to drug reformists and prioritized them in terms of services from the city government. They also conduct free drug-testing programs every three months.
“At least 90% na-control namo pinaagi sa giya ug pagtabang sa ilaha, akong panawagan tagaan gyud nato og importansya atong drug reformists,” he said.
Barangays Sirib, Biao Joaquin, 14-B, 28-C, Catigan, Malabog, Talomo River, 10-A, 18-B, Inayangan, Langub, 11-B, and 36-D were also recognized as cluster winners.
CSWDO initiated the search in line with Resolution No. 02 Series of 2017 mandating all the barangays in the city to strengthen BADAC and curb illegal drug and substance use.
Meanwhile, CSWDO reported an increase of about 52.24% in the number of drug-cleared barangays, from 67 in 2022 to 102 in 2023.
Mayor Sebastian Duterte lauded the barangays recognized, for being one with the government’s goal in fostering a drug-free community.
“The role of the barangays is crucial as you are on the frontline of addressing challenges within your respective communities. Let us continue to support one another, standing united as we envision a drug-resistant and drug-free city for all Dabawenyos,” Duterte said in a statement delivered by Vice Mayor Melchor Quitain Jr.
- City confers Datu Bago Award to artists, journalist
- Parents urged | Prepare your children for vax
- FULL TEXT: Enhanced Community Quarantine Guidelines Davao City
- Close to Home | Artificial Intelligence and us
- Punla: 4 Mindanao artists, new grounds in Manila
- Military targets 2 NPA leaders
- GenSan monitoring possible new infections from UK variant
- ROUGH CUTS | Profligate with people’s money
- BDO, SM to hold first virtual ‘Pamaskong Handog’
- DepEd: Salugpongan not a Lumad school