THE 10TH Infantry Division will reactivate one battalion to focus on election duty during Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections on Oct. 30.
“It is our ready available force If needed in a certain area,” Major Mark Anthony Tito, spokesperson of the 10th Infantry Division told reporters during the AFP-PNP press briefing held at The Royal Mandaya hotel on Wednesday.
The one election battalion will be the same size as an army battalion with four companies.
“So after the election, it will be deactivated. This was already done in the past elections,” he said.
He said they monitored no rebel groups in the region demanding a permit to campaign or a permit to win for the Barangay and Sangguniang Kabataan elections.
So, the 10ID continues to support the PNP and the Comelec in conducting checkpoints and security operations for the community’s safety. He said there are already 66 checkpoints conducted in its areas of responsibility.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher