Davao City – Arellano University will replace San Beda University when the much-anticipated 82nd Araw ng Dabaw Invitational basketball tournament tips off on March 18-21 at the Davao City Recreation Center (Almendras gym).
“Arellano University will take place for San Beda University after the reigning NCAA champions withdrew to put more focus on their participating in the PBA Development League,” said SBP-XI regional operations head Ronel Leuterio.
Arellano University will join De La Salle University, University of the East, Lyceum of the Philippines University as the official entries to the four-day competition presented by the SBP-XI chapter, Matina Enclaves, the Royal Mandaya Hotel and the City Government of Davao through the City Sports Development Division Office.
Mayor Inday Sara Duterte and Presidential Assistant on Sports and SBP-XI director Glen Escandor are expected to grace the opening rites at 5:30 p.m.
Two games are set per night with the top two teams emerging from the elimination round will play in the finals. The lower two seeded squads will play for third.
- Man sued for P3-M shabu
- Leni hit for comment on COVID-19 surge
- Dayanghirang: City to have a new congressional district
- Timesman | How I welcomed 2020
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- 3rd place finishes for RPVGCC squads in 73rd PAL Interclub
- Local priest dies of COVID-19 in Tagum
- MY TURN | Manila Bay Savior – Part 2
- Military flights to continue amid region air travel ban
- LGUs urged: Establish Halal councils