THE AREA Police Command (APC)-Eastern Mindanao upgraded its alert status for the Christmas holidays, a season when a lot of tourists and visitors come in and out of the region.
During the Habi at Kape forum on Dec. 6, APC-Eastern Mindanao operations officer PCol Ariel Acala said they heightened the security enforcement to ensure the safety of locals and tourists, especially after the recent bombing incident in Marawi City.
“More policemen in the field conducting police presence and visibility, and ensuring places of convergence na maging safe particularly the malls, bus terminals, churches, especially the incoming Simbang Gabi, and other tourist destination areas,” Acala said.
Tourist police will also secure popular attractions and destinations, he added.
Last Dec. 3, the Philippine National Police (PNP) declared a high alert status in all PNP installations in the wake of the bombing of the Dimaporo Gym inside the Mindanao State University in Marawi.
“All border control points and checkpoints are on alert status for maximum security,” he said.
He also urged the residents to be vigilant and report any suspicious individuals immediately to the security sector for immediate action.
- City confers Datu Bago Award to artists, journalist
- Parents urged | Prepare your children for vax
- FULL TEXT: Enhanced Community Quarantine Guidelines Davao City
- Close to Home | Artificial Intelligence and us
- Punla: 4 Mindanao artists, new grounds in Manila
- Military targets 2 NPA leaders
- GenSan monitoring possible new infections from UK variant
- ROUGH CUTS | Profligate with people’s money
- BDO, SM to hold first virtual ‘Pamaskong Handog’
- DepEd: Salugpongan not a Lumad school