A MAN was killed after he was hit by an ambulance owned by Magsaysay town in Davao del Sur in a road incident in Ulas around 6:15 p.m. on Sunday, Oct. 22.
Police identified the victim as Renante Cejas, 48, a packer from Purok 17, San Roque, Bangkal.
The ambulance driver was Agapito Nillas Jr., 47, a resident of Dalawinon, Magsaysay, Davao Del Sur.
According to the report of the Talomo Police Station Traffic Section, the victim was walking in the middle of the road when he was hit by an ambulance that was heading toward Matina.
The victim died at the scene as confirmed by personnel of the Barangay Talomo Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Council, who first responded to the call.
Meanwhile, the ambulance driver was detained at the Talomo Police Station’s detention facility as he faces a case for reckless imprudence resulting in homicide.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher