Press "Enter" to skip to content

Alleged hold-up suspect killed in police shootout

An alleged hold-up suspect was killed in a shootout with elements of the Sta. Ana police during a manhunt operation in Sto. Niño, Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao District around 11:25 a.m. on Tuesday.

Meanwhile, two of his companions were also arrested during a follow-up operation on the same day.

Chief Insp. Michael Uyanguren, the commander of Sta. Ana police, named the slain suspect as Mark Anthony Pilaro, 21, single, and a resident of Sto. Niño. He was positively identified by the witness.

The report said that the suspect was about to be arrested when he ran toward his room, grabbed a .38 revolver under his bed, and pointed it toward the PO1 Balbin. The policeman wrestled the suspect for the gun.

The suspect reportedly shot the suspect but he managed to parry the attack. He then pulled his pistol and shot Pilaro. While already lying on the floor, the suspect still allegedly attempted to shoot, forcing the policeman to fire his gun again.

The suspect was rushed to the Southern Philippines Medical center (SPMC) but was already dead before then due to five gunshot wounds on the different parts of the body.

The Scene of the Crime Operatives (SOCO) recovered spent shells from a .38 revolver and a 9mm pistol.
Earlier on that day, around 10 a.m., the suspect’s companion was arrested along Bonifacio Street. He was identified as Johnny Lesigues Esplana, 18, a resident of Gotamco San Vicente, Barangay Leon Garcia, Agdao District.

Around 30 minutes later, Wilmeth R. Dela Peña, 19, single, and a resident of Purok Sto. Niño, Barangay Leon Garcia was also arrested for allegedly being an accomplice in the killing of Rodante Sango Abroga, 37, sales accountant of Lapanday Foods Corporation and staying at Maming Party Haus located in R. Castillo Street, Barangay Agdao Proper, which is owned by his sister Selpha Mae.

The police received an alert at 8:40 p.m. of Aug. 12 regarding a stabbing incident that transpired at the area. The victim’s brother-in-law saw him on the corner of the Maming Party Haus, soaked in his own blood. He then brought him to the San Pedro Hospital but the wounded did not survive his wounds.

Police later learned that his valuables were missing. The accomplices of Pilaro are both facing robbery with homicide charges.


Powered By ICTC/DRS