A POLICE officer was handcuffed for allegedly pointing a gun at a 44-year-old man in Purok 9A, Barangay Tacunan, Tugbok District, around 1:25 a.m. on Wednesday, Dec. 27.
Captain Hazel Tuazon, spokesperson of the Davao City Police Office (DCPO), identified him as PMSg Frederick Bryan Llanasas Caburnay.
Tuazon said the gun-toting Caburnay will face a case for grave threat on the complaint of his neighbor Reynaldo Bacat Salmorin.
Caburnay is presently assigned to the PNP Regional Retirement and Benefits Administration Unit in the Police Regional Office XI.
According to the report, Salmorin was walking along the road when Caburnay, who was observed to be drunk, pointed his service at the victim.
Responding officers later arrested the suspect and confiscated the Pietro Beretta 9mm caliber pistol with serial no. N52445Z, including the magazine with 12 bullets.
Caburnay is now detained at Tugbok Police Station awaiting the criminal and administrative charges against him.
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- ROUGH CUTS | We smell something obnoxious here
- Señor Moments | Davao – Ca. 1950s-60s Part 3
- `DEEPLY CONCERNED’ | Environment groups quiz JICA on WTE project
- Salugpongan may sue DepEd
- Fiscal: Witnesses identify Roxas perpetrators
- CARAVAN KICKS OFF | Local organizers egging Sara to run kicks off Manila expedition
- Official: Toril, Paquibato, Marilog suffer most from drought
- No muzzling of guns on holidays; police warned
- Superal keeps LPGT ‘Merit” crown