A SUSPECTED “akyat bahay” burglar was killed in an encounter with the Mandug police in Deca Homes Indangan, around 3 a.m. on Thursday, Oct. 12.
According to police, they saw the suspect about to enter a house at Phase 4 in Deca Homes while they were patrolling the area around 2:50 a.m.
The suspect ran away after noticing the police officers who immediately gave chase.
When police officers were about to arrest him, the suspect opened fire, prompting them to retaliate hitting him on various parts of the body.
After the incident, the suspect was immediately brought to the Southern Philippines Medical Center (SPMC) but was declared dead on arrival.
Recovered from the scene were a .22 magnum revolver without a serial number loaded with three pieces fired cartridge cases and two live ammos from a .22 caliber pistol.
- DCPO ready for possible lockdown
- TODAY’S HEADLINES – JUNE 28, 2022
- Editorial Cartoon of the Day
- PFA holds virtual expo as industry rises from COVID
- Davao City, JICA signs study for sewage system project
- Editorial Cartoon
- Red-hot Lascuña storms to 3-shot lead with 65
- Lorejo Mango Farm gets fifth win in UFBC
- Six suspects caught in Panabo drug den raid
- DUBIOUS DISTINCTION | Davao City supplants QC on daily COVID cases: researcher